Well you know my name is Simon....

Author: Liz / Labels: , ,

Ok, so I finished the blanket for Jeff and Marie's Little One. I knew that I had to soon because her baby shower was this past Saturday. Little did I know that I would finish it because he decided to grace us with his presence on that very day (and at the very time no less!). Simon McKinley Hurt was born around 2 o'clock on Saturday. He weighed in at 5 lbs 15 ozs. and was 18" long. Everyone is healthy and happy! (Plus, all are a little relieved that the new dad won't have to leave the wedding that's in a week and a half!) According to Jeff, he is still getting used to the world and they are already getting used to the different sounds that he is making.
So here are the final pics of the blanket:
First a full view:
The final dimensions are roughly 32" X 30". I love the textures that happened with this stitch pattern: a border of garter, a stripe of stockinette, a cable on a background of seed.
And now for a close up of said texture:


Now to finish up some of the other projects that I have going on (of course, this is going to happen while again being SO busy I crash almost as soon as I get home - read: when I finally get home.) Let's see: another Solo & Ensemble, another musical, a wedding, a Good Friday gig, another Solo & Ensemble -- yep, I'm Busy! This weekend I do have some free time -- Yay! Hopefully, I'll actually get some time to socialize with my friends!

2 comments:

Marie said...

beautiful! and what a great name!!

NextVanGogh said...

turned out great! awesome job!