Gaurdian and fruit...

Author: Liz / Labels: , ,

I know it's a weird combination but with the lack of knitted FO's to share I thought I would least share a little cuteness.

I had an attack of the must-get-this-sweater-finished energy this past weekend. After the small setback with my Central Park Hoodie (Not blogged about here because I was still mad at myself and hated admitting my own stupidity!) I desperately wanted to get the thing finished. So this weekend I managed to finish the second sleeve (again!), block the second sleeve (again!), finish the edging, and sew in the fist sleeve and side. The plan is to sew in the seond sleeve and side tonight -- pics will follow shortly.
Anyway, while I was working on that I had a gaurdian making sure that my yarn made it from the ball to the sweater correctly. I thought I'd share the fluffy cuteness that watched over me...


As far as the fruit...summertime is one of my favorite times of the year because of the berries. I love fruit and berries most of all. Strawberries, raspberries, cherries, but especially blackberries. Last spring I planted a blackberry bush in my backyard and over the course of the summer reaped a total of 7 (that's right - 7) blackberries. Bummer. This year the bush has been growing exponentially and I've been checking it all the time. Waiting for the day when I can have fresh berries. After a very long day yesterday I came home to a surprise of blackberries ready to eat! So I had a nice small cup of blackberries for dessert!
(with more to come....yum!)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

AWESOME fresh berries from your yard. Very cute kitty! I have a kitty story to share on my blog but she wasn't very cute.