Mom's LYS

Author: Liz / Labels: , , , ,

So today on my little mini-vacation, my mom and I took a trip to the local yarn shop her are of northeast Ohio. Yes, we visited Miss Chickpea's Funky Fiber. Personally, I was on a mission to pick up some Malabrigo Sock -- and to see the store because a new yarn shop is always heaven! While I was searching the sock yarn rack, mom found a vest pattern that she wants to make for my niece. She asked me how they got the color like it was on there and as I looked up...I whooped in excitement. Mom was standing in front of the many, many colors of Noro. It has been a long time since my mom has knit with any really good yarn and I was bound and determined she needed to experience the love of Noro. After showing her how the colors go and that the particular Noro she was looking at was a worsted weight (so therefore, easy for her to knit with) and she really didn't need that much for the project she jumped in. Pretty soon my mom will not only have a vest for my niece but one for herself as well! Yay!

As for me, I did find the Malabrigo and couldn't resist 2 of the colors there....Grape and Turner.
I will have to come up with the perfect patterns for these.


I also picked up a hank of Happy Feet in a bright, bright pink.

So now, after today's field trip and Kristie's generous de-stashing Thursday, I am not allowed...repeat, not allowed....to buy yarn for a while. (read: major yarn diet for the next few months. I was supposed to be on one anyway.)

Well, I'm off to bed for tomorrow is my niece's high school graduation...I know that it's cliche but wow... time has flown. She is 18 and no longer the little girl that said "double-me" instead of "double-u (w)". Now she's a very beautiful young woman with so much road to wander.

4 comments:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pretty pretty sock yarn. I am so jealous. IhavetogetmyhandsonsomerightnowbutwaitIsupposetobeonyarndietooooooooooooooo!

Marie said...

great yarn...yeah, yeah...GRADUATING????? WHAT??????

Robin said...

Nothing like a new yarn shop to wreck a diet- heh heh heh. I've been very bad myself this week. No resistance to lovely yarns.

NextVanGogh said...

You know, I find there's always an exception when Malabrigo is involved. It shouldn't count. Really! :)