The Unbearable Cuteness

Author: Liz / Labels: , ,

Unless you have grown up with me or spent a lot of time at my house, you might not know that I am a huge teddy bear freak! As I sit here and think about it, I believe the only room in my house that doesn't have a teddy bear in it is the bathroom.


I started as a little girl always asking for a bear for birthdays, christmas, any holiday really. In fact, I remember many birthdays as I got older that mom said (kinda like a can-we-please-do-something-different statement) "don't you want anything else?"

I had huge bears, tiny bears, bears that squeaked, figurine bears, posable bears, etc. etc. etc. I even threatened to have a small one (appropriately named Baldwin) on the piano when I did my recital in college.

So today I was downtown at Knitter's Connection shopping for some fun new yarn. I was peeking at about the 3rd alpaca booth when I turned around and, lo and behold, this guy was staring back at me.
So cute and when I reached to pick him up and my hand disappeared into his fur...'cuz this bear is made from Alpaca so he is incredibly soft and squishy!
And...he hugs well, a very important thing for a teddy bear to do!

2 comments:

Robin said...

huggability is very important in a bear friend. He must have been waiting for you to show up!

Unknown said...

I almost bought a bunch of Alpaca yarn in Colorado. Would of cost a small fortune for you to make a blanket out of it!