Crazy Week...Crazy Weekend...

Author: Liz / Labels: , , ,

Have you ever had one of those weeks where everything seemed to happen all at once? Of course...Everyone has. This week was one of those for me. Work is crazy, play is crazy...Life is crazy! Now that's not to say that crazy = bad. On the contrary, most of the stuff that's happened this week has been good and enjoyable...most, not all.


First of all, this past weekend was round 1 of Solo and Ensemble contest. An entire day of me playing for high school kids performing. It takes a lot of energy but it's always fun. This year, the day started off with me breaking a piano -- yep, I broke the leg right off. I went to angle the piano so I could see the singer a little better and (one big crraacckk later) one of the legs was lying on the ground. Now, I may be a strong woman but...I'm not that strong. I'm figurin' that it was already cracking before I tried to move the piano. Needless to say, the rest of the day the kids gave me a hard time about breaking pianos! Of course, it didn't help that I also had one almost roll away from me too. See...Crazy!

Second of all, work has been one big case of the dramas for the past month! People being let go, hiring new people, said new people quitting, rearranging staff, not good staff, etc., etc., etc. ARGH!!!!!

Thirdly, Sunday (after an intense day of cleaning and doing housework chores) my washer gave up the ghost. I got this washer free 2 years ago when I moved into my house and I
was hoping then that it would last a year...I guess I've gotten the life out of it. After 2 loads of normal wash, I threw in the load of delicates and went about more work. When I went to empty it and hour later I realized that it had never agitated! Now, I can't get it to even drain the water that's in it!
Again....crazy!

Finally, some happiness --
I've basically finished my first knitting project this year. This is my second cardigan and so far I'm loving it. I absolutely adore the cabling on the arms! All I have left to do is to get/install a zipper. And so far, since I'm wearing right now (left it on after taking the pic!) I'm loving the fact that it's SO warm.


Now, here's hoping that this week might, just might, be a little less CRAZY!!

3 comments:

NextVanGogh said...

Sweater looks great!

Robin said...

The sweater looks cozy. I spent many hours at vocale ensemble contests when my girls were in HS- got lots of knitting done but hated the bleacher seats

Marie said...

haha-piano breaker ;) my parent's just had that happen to their washer and they had a problem with the lid latch. apparently washers from back in the day can last almost 20 years where washers from today are built to last no more than 5.