An all-around awesome day...

Author: Liz / Labels: , , ,

Have you ever had one of those days where things just seem to go right?


I feel like I haven't had one of those in a LONG time. Something always seems to happen. Bleh.

Well, apart from having to shovel my driveway yet AGAIN, today was one of those days. WOOHOO!

After having all morning (I did wake up at 7am without an alarm clock) for coffee, Olympics and knitting, I finished the Ravelympics socks! The first time ever that I have finished a pair of socks in under a month -- let alone 2 weeks! It was a little rough around the heel of the second sock. I SO wanted to put them down and work on something else for a long while. But I persevered and once I got on the leg it was easy sailing.

Then after much shoveling and some laundry, I met friends for dinner and a night out with Jim Gaffigan. We went to Claddaugh's downtown for dinner and I had an AMAZING meal -- a Bass ale-breaded pork loin resting on mashed potatoes (which were topped with bacon) resting on a bed of cabbage, all topped with a white wine mustard sauce. Mmmmmmmm......

Then as we were leaving I happened to notice that the door mat was a Jameson Whiskey Welcome mat. I happened to say in passing that I needed that for my entryway. The manager guy told me to take it and I didn't think he was serious -- but then he said "don't let me change my mind" so..........I grabbed and ran. My friends and I laughed all the way to the car!!! I now have this as an entryway (see how perfect it fits? Although, I will have to clean and febreeze it!).

Then, of course, on to Jim Gaffigan.....funny, funny man. What an end to an awesome day!

1 comments:

Marie said...

love the socks and yes, friday was one of those days for me :)