Oh the coldness...

Author: Liz / Labels: , , ,

The one good thing about it being -4 degrees outside is that I don't feel like leaving the relative safety of the great indoors. This means that I sit at home, watch movies, and yes, knit! So in the past 2 days I have finished one pair of socks and started another:
The one I finished...
These are a bit tight around the leg -- not the best stitch for stretchiness! I love the stripes though....especially since they are fraternal! I had to really make myself finish these because I really wanted to move on to the next pair...I resisted the allure of pretty yarn and draw of a pattern I like the look of but hadn't tried yet. (Why does the new and different attract me?) Anyway, they are done...another warm pair for those days I absolutely relish having thick wool around my feet (i.e. when the wind chill is about -20 degrees!).


And the one I started...
This is the Jaywalker pattern and can I just say so far I LOVE this pattern. I have flown through the leg of the first sock. Usually I get bored doing the leg and my startitis flares up and I'm ready to move on to the next project. Not this time. I started the leg last night and I looked down an hour later and most of the leg is done! Amazing. There's been talk recently about sock patterns that fly off the needles and I would have to agree that these are one of those patterns. Hopefully, these fit like glove (except for my feet) so I can continue to love this pattern. Keeping with the musical person I am, these have earned the name Heigh-Ho. When I cast on with a yarn colorway that is entitled Seven Dwarves what else can spring to mind but..."Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, it's off to work we go." Maybe that's why they are going so fast...

Now I just need my Knit Picks order to get here so I can start on the baby present for April. The time crunch might be on soon. Unfortunately for us knitters, Knit Picks got hit with bad weather and then (I think) a little rowing pains so it's taking a bit longr than usual to get orders through. I don't have a problem unless I start to think about the new stuff I'm getting....then my patience takes a flying leap out the window! (Ok, ok, deep breath, one day at a time...)

3 comments:

NextVanGogh said...

congrats on the patinas.. they look fab!

And loving your 7 dwarves! The colors look amazing! Can't wait to see them!

Marie said...

oooo love those stripy socks!!! it has been so darn cold...

Knitting by Leah said...

The socks look great! I saw a pattern for some socks in the Lion Brand Yarn magazine recently that came in the mail and I was thinking about trying to make some myself. How long does it take to make a pair?