Step Two: Upper Cabinets

Author: Liz / Labels: , ,

Ok....so day 2 went pretty smoothly...I almost had a CATastrophe though. Bailey came down quite confused and looking for her food when she almost put a paw right on the corner of the very wet, front of a cabinet door. I know I'm going to end up doing some touch up anyway but whew, am I glad that didn't happen. (Thanks to my very loud, very scary scream!)
As I started this morning I did have to keep repeating the paint mantra of "it dries darker"-- when I opened the can of paint it looked VERY purple. I looked at the paint sample again and sure enough it said "fine wine". As I watched the paint go up, I thought this looks more like just smooshed grapes. But remembering that dark paint especially dries a different color, I went for it....glad I did! It's definitely what I wanted!

The difference between the two reds is amazing! No more angry red! Now I just have to do the bottom cupboards and finish everything (read: clean) before I have a newish kitchen! Now off to go put a second coat on the inside of the doors so I can hang them tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new color too! Very cozy...

NextVanGogh said...

that is quite an undertaking, it looks great! and the angry red actually looks orangish now compared to the purpley wine.

Marie said...

i LOVE the new red. definitely more you :)