One Dearly Departed....

Author: Liz / Labels: , ,


....Kid
(The big dog in the pic...the little dog is helping to ease the passing.)
Kid was my brother's K-9 cop partner for 6 years and was a pet for another 4 or so. Kid joined my brother's family when he was about 3 yrs old and left the family today almost 13. 13 years is ancient for a German Shepherd and it was time for him to leave....However, a big boy (my brother) and a little boy (my 7 yr old nephew) in the house are very, very sad. Kid was a dog whose thought his sole purpose in life was to be loved and petted....except when he was working. At work, the other policemen nicknamed him "Satan" because of how he reacted. But at home he was always waiting for a lap to climb on or for a hand to pet him.
He will be sorely missed.

On other notes....today has been a much better day than yesterday. Thank you for all your thoughts. The act of sitting was hard last night (once I got there I was ok) and today feels much better -- In soreness and in Karma. Some days it seems like we were not meant to get out of bed! But I did get the heel of the Heigh-ho sock turned so I can't complain. Well, I can but only because I didn't get the laundry done because I didn't want to push my luck with carrying the laundry up & down the basement stairs!

3 comments:

NextVanGogh said...

So sad to hear about the dog. :(

but yay on sock progress. :)

Marie said...

oh i knew this was coming, but never the less still hard. hope the boys are doing ok...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Kid! Hope everyone is dealing ok.