The world against me.....

Author: Liz / Labels: ,

Have you ever had one of those days that you just wanted to go away and never come again? Well, that was my morning this morning....
I had an awesome night on Sun night with good food and good games. And then came off that high to a crappy, crappy Monday morning....grrrrrr. Consequently, I had to reward myself with some new comfort music (that would be the Wanted and Milk soundtracks -- both Danny Elfman -- ah.....)!

So here's what happened to me:
1. Turned my alarm OFF instead of whacking the snooze button....bad thing. Luckily, I only overslept about 25 minutes or so.
2. On my way downstairs (hurrying as much as I could through my stupor...) I missed a step and ended up careening down about 4 steps on my rear! OW!!
3. Never put lotion on your hands before you put a band-aid on....they don't like to stick.
4. Made it in time to leave for work but then as I was leaving I didn't screw the lid of my travel mug on tight enough and ended up with coffee all down my front, side and my ipod (it did survive)!
5. Luckily, I happened to remember that the bank was closed to day before I made it all the way there...whew!

After that disastrous first couple of hours its been much calmer. However, it hurts to bend down to the ground or sit down (I think I must have bruised something) but I think that a night of good comfort food and sitting (hopefully) in my chair knitting is in the works for me!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Well shoot. Hope your behind feels better soon. Falling on stairs is not fun.

NextVanGogh said...

Ouchie! Well hopefully your tuesday goes better! I've been having a "bad" few days myself... actually off and on for a couple of weeks. But I have my knitting and my knitting friends and that definitely is a good pick up! :) Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Bummer day! I must say I enjoy Danny Elfman and his soundtracks too.